1. Controller Identification1.1. This Website is owned and managed by Opal Publicidade, S.A. (hereinafter referred to as “Opal Publicidade”), as Controller, CTIN no. 500 207 569, registered office at Avenida da Boavista, 3523, 1st Floor, 4100-139 Porto, Portugal.
1.3. Subject to the need to read this document, you should refer to its Terms & Conditions available on the page, which explain a little better the objectives of this website, our mission and how, through interaction with it, we can have access to your personal data.
2. Processing of Personal Data2.1. The National Law on the Protection of Personal Data (Law No. 58/2019, of 8 August, hereinafter “LPDP”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27April 2016, hereinafter “GDPR”) ensure the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
2.2. In legal terms, the following is considered personal data: any “information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person (“ the data subject ”); an identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2.3. The personal data collected and processed by Opal Publicidade is that which you voluntarily provide us through the different reception vehicles on the website, i.e. through the different moments of interaction with the user provided throughout the Website and better explained in its Terms and Conditions. However, its completion may be necessary to access or obtain certain personalised information content or services provided.
2.4. The categories of personal data collected will differ according to the interaction of the data subject with this website and according to their own interests in each visit.
2.5. Under no circumstances will you be asked for personal data on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, health or sexual life data, genetic, biometric data or data relating to sexual life or orientation, unless, at specific times when the request may occur, the data subject expressly and freely consents to its disclosure.
2.6. Under no circumstances will Opal Publicidade transfer the personal data provided by you through this website to third parties (Opal Publicidade partners) without the prior consent of the data subject.
2.7. This consent, as you will see, whenever requested, for a variety of purposes, will always be free, expressed and underpinned by a clear and unambiguous positive act. Still, we will try to make it as easy to provide as to withdraw it, if so desired by the user.
2.8. Opal Publicidade cannot be held responsible for the entry, by the user, of personal data of third parties to receive any business contact.
2.9. Opal Publicidade may, however, transfer this data without your authorisation, to comply with legal obligations or following subcontracting relationships established for its own purposes, always subject to adequate guarantees.
2.11. Opal Publicidade will therefore maintain this database, which will contain the registration of users who provide their personal data, which Opal Publicidade will automatically collect and process.
3. Purpose of the Processing of Personal Data3.1. Opal Publicidade focuses on the creation of diversified information content, with simple and accessible language, publishing useful and relevant content monthly, using differentiated content strategies and a creative orientation. Based on the visibility of its website, it publishes sponsored content and interacts with the user, while being able to collect personal data. In this case, the purpose of collecting and processing personal data will be to carry out its own or third parties’ direct marketing and/or market studies.
4. Direct Marketing and Data Communication to Third Parties4.1. By placing a cross and clicking on the “I Accept” button (or equivalent) on the forms, you are consenting to receive electronic communications related to direct marketing and/or market studies.
4.2. These electronic communications may be made by email, telephone, mobile phone, SMS/MMS, push notifications or messages in chat applications (WhatsApp, Messenger, Skype, etc.).
4.3. Communications will be carried out by Opal Publicidade or its partners (when you so permit) who can use the data provided for the same direct marketing purposes.
4.4. The "Partners" of Opal Publicidade are public or private, for profit or non-profit legal persons, and are generally identified at the time of registration or, failing that, belong to the categories indicated at the time of registration, as listed herein: • Science, Technology and Telecommunications • Education, Training and Employment • Non-Profit Entities • Real Estate • Health, Welfare and Food • Tourism and Travel • Culture, Entertainment and Leisure.
4.5. Opal Publicidade understands that it is clearer for the user to know the categories of the Partners concerned, not the name of each Partner, since on the basis of just the name, only with an inordinate research effort will the Data Subject be able to know what kind of publicity they will be consenting to. However, if you would like more information about each category of Partners, you can contact us, and we shall promptly disclose the list of Partners.
5. Exercise of Rights5.1. To exercise the right of access, rectification, erasure, limitation, portability and objection, you must send an email to [email protected] . To exercise these rights, you must specify your claim, which will be handled in a timely manner, within the legal deadlines, if the identity of the data subject is confirmed.
6. Security6.1. Opal Publicidade uses the appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against its accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against any other form of unlawful processing, taking into account the current state of technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which it is exposed.
6.2. Opal Publicidade guarantees the confidentiality of the data that may be provided since it has been entered into a secure, (SSL-certified) server that encrypts/codifies it. You can check that your browser is safe if the lock symbol appears or if the address starts with https instead of http.
6.3. However, as the Internet is not completely secure, we advise you that your personal data may circulate on open networks, without proper security conditions, over which Opal Publicidade has no control for which it cannot be held responsible, being at risk of being viewed and used by unauthorised third parties.
7. Data Storage7.1. Your data is stored by Opal Publicidade for the purposes described herein, and to prove your registration on this Website, as well as to prove the exercise of your rights, within the admissible time limits according to the guidelines from the supervisory entities.
8. Other Considerations8.1. Opal Publicidade will not take responsibility for any third-party acts or omissions, namely regarding links to other Internet sites and their contents.
8.2. In the event of a merger, demerger, transformation, dissolution or insolvency of the company Opal Publicidade, your data may be transmitted to third parties as a business asset, always in compliance with the applicable law and maintaining your rights as data subject, namely regarding the consent given and the rights of objection, access, rectification, erasure, limitation and portability.
8.3. In the event of any legislative or business changes, Opal Publicidade reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, so you should consult it whenever you use this Website.
8.4. For more information, please contact us by email at [email protected] .
9. Supervisory Authority9.1. By law, data subjects have the right to file a complaint should they consider there are grounds for it with regard to personal data protection, addressed to the competent supervisory authority which, without prejudice to any other being identified, will be the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD) https://www.cnpd.pt/ .